The Healthy Ageing Project
The SA Centre in collaboration with its Members and industry, successfully led an application for a $4 million SA Premiers Research and Industry Fund grant to establish a comprehensive State-wide Registry to Support Healthy Ageing in South Australia, coordinated under the auspices of the SA Centre.
Overall, this project will:
- Generate unique data infrastructure, a longitudinal data set with cross-sector data-linkage, powerful analytical and hypothesis-testing capacity;
- Produce robust evidence for cost-effective service innovations, models of care, and other solutions for the sector, now and into the future;
- Enable the monitoring of the quality of ageing in SA over time;
- Promote community engagement and intergenerational learning;
- Generate direct employment growth through research, changes in business and service delivery models, plus broader economic development opportunities generated by positive ageing.
The registry is bringing together previously disconnected information from multiple sources and will generate a unique data collection with analytic capacity to guide evidence-driven decision-making for quality, coordinated, efficient, age-friendly services and practices across public and private sectors. The registry will be complemented by a “Living Laboratory” which will provide a resource for trialling emerging ideas.