SA Immunisation Strategic Alliance
The SA Immunisation Strategic Alliance (SAISA) was formally established in August under the auspices of the SA Centre following endorsement from the SA Centre Executive Group.
The Alliance, chaired by Professor Steve Wesselingh, Theme Leader for Infection and Immunity at SAHMRI, includes broad representation from a range of sectors including SA Health, the Women’s and Children’s Health Network, the Aboriginal Health Council of SA, migrant health services, education, the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Primary Health Networks, and local Government.
The aim of the Alliance is to create a forum to advance cross sectoral collaboration, system improvements in immunisation and immunisation coverage across the State. The functions of the Alliance will be to:
- Identify strategies and explore ways to improve immunisation coverage in SA
- Identify and advise on common barriers and issues that compromise immunisation in SA
- Advance cross sectoral collaboration and system improvement in immunisation in SA
- Contribute to the progress of immunisation program outcomes and immunisation coverage
- Anticipate and plan for new and emerging diseases and vaccines
- Advocate for access and equity in immunisation
- Identify research opportunities and projects to support immunisation initiatives
If you would like more information about the SA Immunisation Strategic Alliance, please contact Professor Steve Wesselingh: firstname.lastname@example.org